Friday, July 24, 2009

Sweet Tooth - Cork Cutting Board

Sweet Tooth: a colloquial term used to describe the common psychological condition in which subjects feel an unnaturally strong urge for foods which are sweet. I'm about to pirate the term for anything that I find "toooootally sweeeeet, dude." Here's to sharing the good stuff!



I just ordered this fabulous Cork Cutting Board from Crate and Barrel. I have a love affair with recycled cork, since it's renewable, it's beautiful, it's self-healing (i.e. won't look all scratchy after one good minced clove of garlic), oh yeah, and did anyone ever tell you cork is NATURALLY ANTIMICROBIAL?

Why is this not already in my kitchen?

Give me 5-7 business days and I'll let you know how it functions on its maiden voyage. Online pricing is now $19.95 (reg. $26.95). Go. Now.

3 comments:

  1. UPDATE: This cutting board is awesome. I've been using it for chopping all my summer veggies and It's held up quite nicely. It's a great size, wide enough to chop a good pound of tomatoes, and I like how it tapers at each end. I find myself using that space to set my knife, since, unconsciously, I'm not cutting as close to the edges as I usually do.

    I'd give it 4.5 of 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over a year later, it still looks as pretty as the day I bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two year's later, I'd say it looks "gently used" but still perfectly wonderful for my fall root veggie recipes...

    ReplyDelete